Producer of Bugey wines since 1967, the Caveau Bugiste is renowned for the quality of its wines and its welcome.
More than 30 vintages of AOC Bugey and IGP Vins des Coteaux de l'Ain are offered.
The cellar also has two museums with free access.
Nestled at the top of the village of Vongnes, the Caveau Bugiste offers you a complete reception area. After a stroll through the village, renowned for its flowers and authenticity, you can enjoy the following free of charge
- the projection of a HD film "Tourism, viticulture and gastronomy in the Land of Brillat-Savarin" in several languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German, Japanese, Russian),
- two museums with free access all year round:
The Museum of Winegrowing Traditions,
And the museum of tools of the stone trades,
As well as an exceptional collection of more than 800 corkscrews and more than 500 liqueur glasses,
- monthly exhibitions of paintings and sculptures inside the cellar,
- numerous gift ideas and local products in the shop.
Outside, there are games for children and a picnic area in the shade of monumental stone sculptures.
Caveau wines: Bugey White, Red, Rosé and traditional method.
PGI Côteaux de l'Ain wines.
Marcs and Fines du Bugey.
Manicle White and Red, Roussette de Virieu.
The tasting is free for individuals. Formulas are available for groups.
The Caveau Bugiste organises events throughout the year: open days, tasting walks in the vineyards, painting exhibitions, etc.
Vineyards and Discovery Accreditation
From 2 January to 31 December, open every day from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 7pm.
Exceptionally closed on 25 December.
Free of charge.
Group rate available for > 15 people.
- Play area
- Picnic area
- Camper van reception area
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Private parking
- Pets welcome
- Sales on site
- Tourist brochures
- Tour free of charge
- Home delivery
- Online shop
- Click & Collect
- Site, building totally accessible
In addition to the reception
Methods of payment
- Bank/credit card