OOcup/2020 will not be held from July 25th to August 1st. Races and trainings will be organized in the area from the 29 July to 15 August.
Oocup races will be from 11 to 15 August.
Organised for the second time in France, OOcup 2020 will once more take place in Bugey, between Haut-Valromey, Plateau de Retord and Col de la Faucille.
Seduced by the variety of lanscapes, the beautiful panoramas of Bugey and the success of the 2018 edition, OOcup will be exploring once again the nature of the Jura Mountains.
Key figures of OOcup:
-2 training races ahead of the race
-5 stages: Grand Ouillon (Petit-Abergement), Crêt Fury (Hotonnes), Le Tumet (Billiat) and Col de la Faucille (Gex).
Details of the stages: more information.
-3000 participants expected
-35 different nationalities.
New OOcup 2020 programme:
– 29, 30, 31 July and 1 August: 4 days training camp.
– 8 and 9 August: model event (training races) in Haut-Valromey
– 10 August: free training in la Praille (Plateau d’Hauteville)
– 11 to 15 August: OOCup.
OOcup training camp from July 29th to August 1st, 2020
– Wednesday July 29 in Champdor.
– Thursday 30 July Haut Valromey – Plans d’Hotonnes (L’Angoulot).
– Friday 31 July Haut Valromey – Plans d’Hotonnes (La Chèvre).
– Saturday August 1st Haut Valromey (Petit Abergement – Forêt des Amortais).
OOcup competition from August 8 to 15, 2020
– Saturday August 8 in Champdor. Competition 1 for the OOOcup preparation.
– Sunday August 9 Haut Valromey – Plans d’Hotonnes (La Chèvre). Competition 2 for the OOOcup preparation.
– Monday August 10 Plateau Hauteville (La Praille) and Haut Valromey – Plans d’Hotonnes. Free trainings
– Tuesday August 11 Mijoux (Col de la Faucille). OOcup stage 1
– Wednesday August 12 Haut Valromey (Forêt des Moussières 1). OOcup stage 2
– Thursday August 13 Haut Valromey (Forêt des Moussières 2). OOcup stage 3
– Friday August 14 Injoux Genissiat (le Tumet). Via col de Cuvery. OOcup stage 4
– Saturday August 15 Haut Valromey (Plans d’Hotonnes – Crêt Fury). OOcup stage 5
Duration of the races: between 45 mins and 1h30, depending on your level.
For children, depending on age: between 15 and 30 minutes of running.
The competitions from August 8 to 9 take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The competitions from August 11 to 15 take place from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Book your accommodation:
Availability of accommodation on the Plateau de Retord / Bugey Sud
Download the pdf of available accommodation
List of accommodations available in August (for more details, download the PDF above).
To register for the stages, a medical certificate mentioning your ability to practice orienteering in competition is mandatory.
Registration is online before July 1, 2020.
The Tourist Information Centre can provide assistance in English, German, Russian, Italian and Spanish to prepare your stay and make sure you make the best of the area during your holidays in France.
Do not hesitate to reach us at email@example.com